The demand for electrical cabinets is driven by national regulatory standards. Strict rules are employed in hazardous areas to avoid electric shocks, dust / water ingress, fire and explosion risk.
The electrical cabinet industry is expected to grow from £4.68 billion in 2018, to £6.02 billion by 2023, at a CACR of 6.27%.
KEY FACTORS DRIVING GROWTH ARE:
- Demand for the industrial internet of things
- Growth in the electronic / electronic hardware industry
- Adoption of intelligent transport systems (ITS)
- Growth of power generation / distribution industry using substations to protect critical components. Oil & gas, metals & mining applications need to be rugged in design to withstand harsh environmental conditions
- Growth in rail and road networks
- Growing investment in renewable energy projects
- Increased industrial maintenance operations
- Stringent Government safety rules
- Increased customer awareness of safety
Until recently, cabinets have only been manufactured in metal, plastic, stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminium. Electrical cabinet manufacturers are now not just concentrating on safety, but also need to meet increasing demand for attractiveness / ability to blend seamlessly into the surrounding environment / reflect corporate colours. Our new Drhino non-conductive cabinet is therefore a new challenger to the traditional concept of cabinets.